Monday, October 28, 2013

Rubric

Hi everyone,
Thanks to all of you who have posted, asked questions or made comments. It's exciting to see your opinions and get you introduced to a "blog discussion". For the next four weeks we will continue our conversation, but now I would like to "formalize" the blog with a rubric:

Outstanding:
You have nine (9) or more posts (comments/questions/agree/disagree).
You have asked at least three (3) questions.
You have responded to or commented on a classmate's post at least three (3) times.
You use accountable talk in every post (I agree/disagree, I understand what you are saying, but..., I think that..., etc.).
Spelling and grammar are excellent, no errors.

Good:
You have 6-8 posts (comments/questions/agree/disagree).
You have asked at least two (2) questions.
You have responded to or commented on a classmate's post at least two (2) times.
You use accountable talk for most of your posts (I agree/disagree, I understand what you are saying, but..., I think that..., etc.).
Spelling and grammar are good, but may have some errors.

Competent:
You have 3-5 posts (comments/questions/agree/disagree).
You have asked only one (1) question.
You have responded to or commented on a classmate's post only once (1 time).
You rarely use accountable talk (I agree/disagree, I understand what you are saying, but..., I think that..., etc.).
Many spelling and grammar errors, but reader can still understand.

Needs Revision:
You have two (2) or less posts (comments/questions/agree/disagree).
You have asked no questions.
You have not responded to or commented on a classmate's post.
You don't use accountable talk (I agree/disagree, I understand what you are saying, but..., I think that..., etc.).
Numerous spelling and grammar errors. Reader is unable to understand your post.

Questions? Please ask them in the comment section of this post. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment